Does your bedroom bore you? Is it lacking in décor and style? Do you find yourself closing the door in shame when guests are over? Well it’s time to break out of the bedroom blahs. I’ve put together my top five tips for updating your bedroom and making it into a showpiece!
- Clean up the clutter. Get everything up and off that floor, invest in a closet organizer to give yourself more discreet storage.
- Add a touch of pattern. Nothing rocks a room like a roll of wallpaper, add pattern to a wall or consider wallpapering a ceiling.
- Organize your bedside table and add a touch of personality. I like to arrange elegant art books (with the dust jackets off) horizontally (three usually works best). Top the books with a chic objet item or a whimsical framed photograph.
- Add a pop of colour! Bedrooms love a splash of colour, from a feature wall, to an arrangement of colour themed artwork; nothing will bring a room to life faster than the addition of colour. One of my new favourite ways to add colour is with the Convertibles collection from MOBILIA. These designer beds have fabric covers (available in 48 fun colours) that can easily be changed depending on your mood or season. I LOVE this idea, its like fashion for the bed frame.
- Add fun accents. Bring a little whimsy into the bedroom. Think about adding a floating shelf or two and display something quirky that you love. From antique telephones to vintage trophies, collectables always add personality.
Janette Ewen, Interior stylist and The Style Blog collaborator (at Mobilia, we just LOVE everything she does!)
From her start as an MTV set stylist to her successful career as a designer, design editor, TV host and ambassador for brands such as Moet, Mobilia and PANDORA Jewelry, Janette has continually sought to entice audiences to design their own eclectic experiences and celebrate life to the fullest. Janette’s personal mantra “stay interested, be interesting” guides her exciting life—full of design, travel and creation. Janette’s adventures and passion for style and good taste have been featured in the LA Times, Nylon Magazine, The Globe and Mail and House and Home magazine.
As a design partner at Parker Barrow Design studio, Janette is “over the moon” to be creating spaces that would find a happy home in her fast-paced, whimsical life.
Janette’s fans enjoy keeping up with her adventures through her popular social media pages including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Her blog “gojette” is a go-to for trends setters and tastemakers alike. In her spare time Janette loves traveling, rally car racing and hiking throughout North America.